This page informs you of the measures taken by the Fonds de recherche du Québec (FRQ) in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic with respect to their programs, the management of scholarships and grants, monitoring reports and other elements.
- October 26, 2020 : Soutiens financiers supplémentaires pour la recherche collégiale et la relève professorale
- July 30, 2020 : Considering the impact of the pandemic in the evaluation of funding applications
- April 30, 2020 : Diffusion progressive des résultats des concours 2020-2021
April 9, 2020 : Contexte de la COVID-19 : Prolongation d’une année de financement aux regroupements stratégiques, centres, instituts et réseaux de recherche
- March 26, 2020 : MESSAGE IMPORTANT : Bourses et subventions
- March 20, 2020 : Mise à jour des activités des FRQ en cette période de pandémie de la COVID-19
ASSESSMENT OF FUNDING REQUESTS
You will be able to describe in your funding request the impacts that the circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic may have had on your research or training activities over the past few months, so that this information can be taken into account. In evaluating your request. For more information on the procedure to follow, please consult the document ”Considering the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic in the evaluation of funding applications”.
ATTENTION: Please note that a new procedure will be in place for competitions opening in the summer 2021. New guidelines will be available shortly.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS (grants, payments, validity period)
The payment schedule scheduled from April 1, 2020 is maintained for all scholarships and grants that are supported by the FRQ for the current year and for subsequent years.
- The provisions of the Common General Rules continue to apply with regard to the end of grants period. The end date of the grants remains March 31, 2020. However, if an additional year to spend is necessary in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, the financial services of the establishments may request it directly in the electronic financial report. 2019-2020, from the “Use of balance” drop-down menu. An automatic extension will then be granted.
- Electronic financial reports will be accessible by FRQnet on April 20, 2020 as planned. The deadline for electronic financial reports – initially June 30, 2020 – has been extended to September 30, 2020. The impact of the pandemic on declared expenditure can be described there.
FINAL REPORTS AND INTERNSHIP REPORTS
- The deadlines for these reports, set between March and June depending on the programs, are unilaterally extended to next fall, i.e. no later than September 30, 2020. More targeted communications will be sent shortly to the holders of the grants concerned.
UPDATE OF TEAM COMPOSITIONS AND RESEARCH GROUPINGS
- FRQnet monitoring reports are expected by September 30, 2020 for all FRQ programs including the NT-SC strategic groups (except for the FRQS Research Centers).
- In the event of travel cancellation due to the pandemic, reimbursement of non-refundable travel expenses from grants is possible for eligible expenses in the Common General Rules.