The Fonds de recherche du Québec (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies, Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé and Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture, hereinafter the “FRQ”) are subject to the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information (CQLR c.A-2.1, hereinafter the “Act”). The Statement regarding the protection of personal and confidential information (hereinafter the “Statement”) describes how the FRQ handle personal and confidential information that they collect through FRQnet and other means. The Statement contains the following sections:
- Section I : Information provided by applicants and funding holders in the context of a funding application or funding award;
- Section II : Information provided by directors, supervisors, mentors and respondents;
- Section III : Information provided when creating an account in FRQnet;
- Section IV : Information provided in the equity-diversity-inclusion self-identification questionnaire;
- Section V : General Data Protection Regulation
- Section VI: Revision of the Statement
In accordance with the provisions of the Act, the Statement describes the purposes for which personal and confidential information is collected by the FRQ, the categories of individuals who will have access to the information, the mandatory or optional nature of the request, the consequences for the person concerned in case of a refusal to provide the information and the rights of access and correction of personal information.