June 19, 2023 – The Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT) is pleased to announce its participation in a joint transnational call to be launched this September by Biodiversa+, the European Biodiversity Partnership under Horizon Europe.
The call’s main topic is Nature-Based Solutions for biodiversity, human well-being and transformative change and will cover the following three main research themes:
- Synergies and trade-offs of nature-based solutions in the context of human well-being
- Nature-Based solutions mitigating anthropogenic drivers of biodiversity loss
- The contribution of nature-based solutions for just transformative change
For this call, research consortia must include at least:
- Three countries financially participating in the call
- Two of these countries must be from the EU Member States or EU Associated Countries
Please visit the Biodiversa Partner Search Tool to find potential partners for your projects.
- Official call launch: September 11, 2023
- Deadline (pre-proposal): beginning of November 2023
- Deadline (full proposals): beginning of April 2024
- Funding amount for Québec Teams: up to $300 000 CAD (excluding indirect costs of research) per project for a 3-year period
- Announcement of results: September 2024
- Québec teams must include one principal investigator and at least one co-investigator affiliated with a recognized Québec university. These researchers must be from a research field covered by the FRQNT.
For more details, please visit the call webpage on the Biodiversa+ website.
Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature and technologies
Telephone: 418 643-8560, poste 3457