In the event of a discrepancy between the English and French versions of this program, the French version prevails. This program refers to the Common General Rules (CGR) of the Fonds de recherche du Québec (FRQ), which apply to all FRQ programs. Only the specific conditions with respect to the IMPULSION program are detailed here and take precedence over the CGR.
The IMPULSION program chiefly aims to create favourable conditions and an environment that supports the post-pandemic economic recovery. Funded projects must provide solutions to a range of societal issues and establish or develop collaborations in the very short term with community organizations, private companies and other user communities in Québec to foster the quick and proper ownership of knowledge that addresses their needs.
- Program aimed at supporting Quebec’s research strengths and post-pandemic economic recovery;
- 4 calls for proposals: Agri-food (FRQNT), Education (FRQSC), Green Energy (FRQNT) and Aging (FRQS);
- 1-year projects;
- Total budget of $2,000,000;
- Maximum amount per grant: $100,000, including 27% IRC for university institutions;
- Application deadline: April 29, 2021;
- Results announcement: July 2021;
- Teams must be made up of at least three individuals, including a representative from the user community.