July 11, 2022 – The Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT) and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) are proud to announce the launch of the second competition of their NOVA program.
The main objective of this program is to support research projects in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering (NSE) fields led by junior researchers from Quebec universities and conducted in collaboration with other researchers from Quebec and from other Canadian provinces and territories. The NOVA program will contribute to strengthening the competitiveness of these researchers on the international scene, as well as to generating new knowledge or applications likely to have social, environmental, technological, or economic benefits, or an impact on public policy in Quebec and/or Canada as a whole.
“The FRQNT was thrilled by the positive response of the research community to the NOVA program that was developed in partnership with NSERC. We are, therefore, delighted to launch another call. To best support the professorial career trajectory, we are targeting principal investigators who have been in their academic position between 3 and 6 years. Earlier career investigators are encouraged to apply to the program Établissement de la relève professorale. I am very pleased with the NOVA program, which simultaneously supports research development and building pan-Canadian bridges.”
Janice Bailey, Scientific Director of the FRQNT
“NSERC is pleased to continue its partnership with FRQNT through the NOVA program, supporting and fostering research collaborations between Quebec researchers in the natural sciences and engineering and their counterparts across the country. Together, this next generation of research talent will generate new knowledge and create environmental, economic, and social benefits for all of Canada.”
Prof. Alejandro Adem, FRSC, President, NSERC
- Competition year: 2022-2023
- Annual amount and duration: $75,000 (up to $30,000 from FRQNT and up to $45,000 from NSERC) – up to 3 years
- The NOVA program is part of continuum of funding and career advancement of FRQNT programs
- Collaborative research projects must fall within the research areas covered by FRQNT and NSERC
- Collaborative research projects are led by a principal investigator who is a junior researcher from a Quebec university
- Research teams include at least one co-investigator from a Quebec university or college and at least one co-investigator from another Canadian province or territory
- An additional grant of up to $50,000 from the FRQNT may be added to the NOVA grant for the purchase of scientific equipment by Quebec researchers (within the budget envelope)
For more information, please consult the program web page.
- Information session: July 21st, 2022, 10:00
- Deadline (Application): September 15th, 2022, 4:00
- Announcement of results: March 2023
418 643-3460 ext. 3460