Background to the changes
On January 1, 2024, the Regulation respecting the confidentiality policies of public bodies that collect personal information through technological means, adopted pursuant to Section 63.4 of the Act respecting Access to Documents held by Public Bodies and the Protection of Personal Information (CQLR, c. A-2.1), came into force. The purpose of this regulation is to define the minimum content of privacy policies and notices of changes to those policies.
- The name of the public body that collects the personal information and, where the information is collected by a third party on behalf of the public body, the name of that third party;
- A description of the personal information collected;
- The purposes for which the personal information is collected;
- The categories of persons who, within the FRQ, have access to the personal information;
- The technological means by which the personal information is collected;
- The categories of third parties to whom it is necessary to release personal information;
- A mention regarding the rights of access and correction provided for by the Act regarding access, as well as the name of the person in charge of the protection of personal information at the FRQ and the contact information to communicate with that person;
- A mention as to the possibility that the personal information may be released outside Québec;
- A brief description of the measures taken to ensure the confidentiality and security of personal information;
- A mention of the right of the person concerned by the personal information to pursue the process for dealing with complaints regarding the protection of personal information;
- The date of coming into force of this policy and the date of its most recent update.
Questions or comments