The link to the FRQ electronic Portfolio can be accessed under Portal access on the website.
Règles du concours
Le présent programme fait référence aux Règles générales communes (RGC) des Fonds de recherche du Québec. Seules les conditions particulières visant le Prix Publication en français sont indiquées dans ce document et prévalent sur les RGC.
Le prix Publication en français
1. OBJECTIVES OF THE COMPETITION
- To recognize the contribution of research professionals to research, knowledge mobilization, training for new generations of researchers or supporting groups of researchers in all areas covered by the three Fonds de recherche du Québec, namely the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT), the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS) and the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQSC);
- To promote research professionals’ careers in Québec;
- To develop ties between the Fonds de recherche du Québec and the province’s community of research professionals.
One competition per year, following which the names of the recipient from each Fonds will be announced.
Only research professionals are eligible to apply for the award.
- must work as a research professional for a minimum of 21 hours per week at a Québec university or research organization affiliated with a Québec university;
- must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a research professional in Québec (research assistantship experience during academic training cannot be taken into account);
- may not be a full-time student or postdoctoral fellow;
- must not be a faculty member (regular or “sous octroi” – with an externally-funded academic appointment) of a university;
- must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- may not simultaneously apply to more than one Fonds for the Research Professionals Excellence Awards.
A candidate may not receive the award more than once.
5. Evaluation Criteria
The candidate must demonstrate his or her contribution to one or more of the following types of activities:
- Training of new researchers (students, interns or other highly qualified staff);
- Support for groups, networks or teams of researchers;
- Mobilization, transfer or valorization of knowledge;
- Advancement of knowledge.
The quality and diversity of the contributions, as described in the applications, constitute the criteria on which the candidates are evaluated. The quality of the written language and the presentation of the application will also be taken into consideration.
Applications must be submitted to the Fonds that oversees the research sector identified by the applicant. Applications are assessed by a selection committee set up by the Fonds.
7. APPLICATION PROCESS
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants are advised to prepare their application well in advance to ensure that it is submitted before the deadline, given the large number of applications and requests received by the Fonds at the end of the competition period.
As indicated in the CGR (Section 3.1), the application must be sent to the appropriate Fonds by referring to the lists of research fields of the three Fonds. Should an error occur, the Fonds will not transfer the application to another Fonds and the application will be deemed ineligible.
The e-forms are available in FRQnet at least one month before the competition deadline.
Applicants must create an E-portfolio on the Fonds website before applying, if they have not already done so. Individuals who already have a personal identification number (PIN) have direct access to a FRQnet account and must update their E-portfolio profile.