The ERA-NET NEURON network, in which the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS) is a partner, is launching a joint transnational call for proposals to support research in the field of neuroscience.
Submitted projects must propose innovative research programs, highlighting the added value gained from the collaboration of multinational scientific research teams; Research projects that address important questions related to mental health and mental disorders. Proposals should cover at least one of the following areas:
- Fundamental research on the pathogenesis, aetiology and resilience mechanisms of mental disorders. This may include the development of innovative or shared resources and technologies. The relevance of the research to disease must be clearly indicated.
- Clinical research to develop novel strategies for prevention, (early) diagnosis, patient stratification, therapy, and/or rehabilitation procedures for mental disorders.
Excluded from this call are research projects focused on:
- Peripheral nervous system diseases
- Purely basic research projects focused on synaptic function without a clear objective of addressing the synaptic dysfunction in the context of neurological and mental disorders
- Primarily neurodegenerative disorders
- Research on dementia
For detailed information about this call: ERA-NET NEURON website